As a developer at UBC Launch Pad, you will be working with other developers and designers to plan, develop and build a project for 4-8 months! Each team will be supported by an experienced tech lead who provides the expertise needed to execute on the team’s vision.
- Learn and build collaboratively with other developers and designers
- Attend team meetings and complete tasks to the best of your ability with the support of your lead and team
- Communicate with your tech lead or co-presidents if you need any support
- Follow the onboarding procedures to prepare yourself for the term
What you get
- An amazing documentation website to equip you with all the tools you need to succeed!
- Learn and exercise professional development practices
- As projects can evolve and shift, you will experience the full lifecycle of bringing a complex project to life
- Demonstrate your problem-solving skills by creating a meaningful project with your team
- Make some life-long relationships with the people from Launch Pad 💫
- Club meetings every Saturday from 11pm-2pm
- Meetings are primarily in-person
- (most weeks) the first hour is required, the rest of the time is to hang out, work, and eat lunch together; we highly recommend staying if you can!
- Around 5 hours per week working on tasks
- A passion for learning and experimenting, and a willingness to participate actively
- We welcome folks of all skill levels, whether you are a complete beginner just starting out or if you’ve done several internships and have a portfolio of awesome projects - learn more about our recruitment goals in our handbook